- Pray as team members are trained that their ministries will be fruitful... bringing forth a harvest for the Kingdom!
- Pray for the team members to be open to the Lord working in their own lives as He stretches them through this ministry.
Nehemiah Teams American: On the heels of Nehemiah Teams Filipino is the arrival of the American teams. Students are again answering His call to work among the unreached and hard-to-reach of the Philippines. This year's evangelism teams will be ministering on the islands of Dinagat, Siquijor, and Camotes, and among the Waray-Waray on the island of Samar. The fifth team will be working with Habitat for Humanity in a rural area of the southern Philippines. We're excited about this new partnership!
There are still positions open if you're interested... or know someone who might be! We really need another media team person. This member travels with an evangelism team and reports on the team's ministry through photojournalism and maintaining the team's "blog." For more information about any of the teams, contact us directly or the Collegiate Department of the International Mission Board. More info can also be seen on our website (www.nehemiahteams.com) or at http://www.thetask.org/
- Pray for the students as they prepare physically and spiritually for their summer of ministry.
- As parents see the commitment their students are making, pray for the Lord to work in their lives... helping them to truly dedicate their children (and their ministries) to the Lord.
Nehemiah Teams Korean: We are in the beginning stages of developing Nehemiah Teams Korea in partnership with the Korean Baptist Convention. The first Korean student team will arrive in the Philippines mid-July. It's been exciting to see this partnership develop and we are already planning for summer 2008 teams.
- Pray for the Korean team members as they prepare for this cross-cultural mission experience.
- Pray that the developing partnership with the Korean Baptist Convention will provide an avenue for many Korean young people to be involved in missions.
Other volunteer Opportunities
Waray Free Medical Clinics July 14-21, 2007
"Waray waray" means "nothing"... in northeastern Samar live a people with nothing. No real purpose, no real life, no real hope. In partnership with the riverboat Nehemiah Team you will be traveling as far as 4 hours to remote villages. You have "something" to tell!! As a medical team, you will be building relational bridges as you meet physical needs. You will join the team in witnessing through drama, sports, and 1-on-1 witnessing with the goal of establishing house churches among this unreached people group. The team will conduct free medical clinics in rural, remote villages where medical care is limited. Team members with no medical knowledge will be involved in personal evangelism through witnessing one-on-one, sharing personal testimony, or other areas of giftedness. This is a great opportunity to share God's love with those in need of both physical and spiritual healing! If you're interested in joining this team, you can contact us or Tammy Story (email@example.com)
Be a part in training nationals for evangelism & discipleship. Partner with national believers in the on-going construction of a camp/training facility. Various skills are needed: basic carpentry skills, concrete block building, electrical & plumbing work, as well as a heart to be a blessing! For more information on this team, contact us or Doris Elliott (firstname.lastname@example.org)