American Nehemiah Teams have now been on the field for a little over a month. 40 teams in 8 countries including the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, South Korea, Argentina, & others! It has been exciting for us to visit teams on the field, talk to team leaders on the phone, hear reports through local supervisors, and read about their adventures on the blog. (www.nehemiahteams.blogpost.com) All I can say is that the bar has been raised this summer and students are rising to the challenge. They are acting like adults! Churches are being started! Children are being rescued! Prostitutes are hearing the Good News. Orphans are being loved. Homes are being built. People are receiving clean drinking water. The gospel is penetrating into some hard places.
However, half-way through a task can sometimes be tough. Nehemiah and his volunteers almost quit from threats, exhaustion and discouragement. For our volunteers, things are no different. The adventure has worn off. Sickness has visited some of the team members. Floors are now very hard. Rice is now very bland. The language barrier is now a nuisance, not a novelty.
We covet your prayers for the teams as they continue their ministry for these last few weeks.
- Pray for continued unity among team members.
- Pray for good health.
- Pray for new opportunities & places to open up for sharing the gospel.
- Pray for the persons of peace that they have found... pray for fruit to be produced.. fruit that will last!
- As they prepare to say good-bye to national partners, pray for all to be encouraged that they have been a part of kingdom work
- As teams gather for debrief on July 26th, pray for the Lord to speak to them in unique ways about their next steps as a World Christian.
Read about their ministries and see pictures of them in action on our blog. www.nehemiahteams.blogspot.com You can also see links on the right side of the blog for the other blogs being maintained by media team members in other countries.
- As we are developing job requests for summer 2010, pray that we will be led to the right partners to enable teams to be present in strategic places.